|Microprocessor||2.20 GHz 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.10 GHz|
|Memory||8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM)|
|Memory Max||Maximum supported = 16GB|
|Video Graphics||Radeon HD 7690M switchable graphics with 1024MB GDDR5|
|Video Memory||Up to 5093MB total graphics memory|
|Hard Drive||750GB 7200RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection|
|Multimedia Drive||Slot-loading SuperMulti DVD burner|
|Display||15.6-inch diagonal Radiance Full HD (8) Infinity LED-backlit display (1920 x 1080)|
|Network Card||10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)|
|Wireless Connectivity||Intel 2x2 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN
Bluetooth with WiDi
|Sound||Beats Audio with 6 speakers and a subwoofer
HP Wireless Audio
|Keyboard||HP Radiance Backlit Keyboard|
|Pointing Device||HP Imagepad with on/off button and precision multi-touch gesture support.|
|PC Card Slots||
Customer Review:1.Received my ENVY 15 a few weeks ago and it arrived in stunning fashion. However, strangely enough, the monitor appeared to be loose from the frame in a few locations. So I had to push around the edges with my fingers to ensure laptop parts "snapped in" correctly. I am not sure if this was something to do with the fact that this was a quick-ship model and someone forgot to check the screen? I have not had an issue since.
Ever since that it has been great. The hp charger is absolutely brilliant and the design is sleek. The computer runs amazingly cool in a general sense, though there is a significant change in temperature while gaming. Programs run quickly, though that is to be expected in the early stages of a laptop. Multi-tasking is good.
The toughest thing to get use to (coming from a Dell Inspiron) is the keyboard and hp batteries. The chiclet keys do take some getting used to (if you weren't a chiclet typer before) and the up arrow is tiny. I still find myself hitting the shift button thinking it's the up arrow. The backlit keybpard is wonderful and bright. The mousepad is smooth to the touch, but not as good as a macbook pro and the click button is certainly stiffer than most laptops. However, the Synaptics click pad program gives you lots of options I haven't seen with other products so that is a plus. Sound is great on the system though I cannot tell that there is a subwoofer.
2. I used my Envy to play music, burn CDs, and surf the web. laptop adapters has incredible "wow" type of sound. It is very easy to use, fast, and nimble. My Envy sounds much better than my Macbook Pro. I wish it was all aluminum as I am not a fan the black top cover. The price is just about right at $1300. My friends love the sound it produces.
3. The speed is good, but it hangs up periodically. For the 90-XB34N0PW00000Y, I expect better performance. The keyboard is like an apple, so it is centered and does not have a number keypad on the right side. Definitely like the volume dial. Also, screen quality is great. However, this generation of 15" laptops does not fit into my rolling laptop bag- they are just a bit too long. Returning it in favor of a 14" laptop, which this does not come in.
4. dont look at the reviews talking about the red-orange thing. it was only on the first batch. this pc is awesome. comaped it to my 2012 mackbook pro and the envy 15. the envy was faster by a mile.
its sleek and comes with a microfiber sleeve that is just awesome. it also has all of adobe elements 9. and to top it off the beats speakers. it is just awesome especially the volume wheel on the side really smooth and convenient. this is a monster packed into a 1 and half inch thick 15 inch screen laptop. and also the bttery is like 5 hours its awesome. 5 hours and i am a gamer so thats a lot.
5. I just got mine yesterday and I must say that I am pretty impressed with the way it was packaged and the first day of usage.
I knew about the red/orange screen problem beforehand and I immediately checked to see if the problem really existed as others were saying as soon as I got my hands on mine. The problem is there allright but I do not think it should be considered a deal breaker unless you are a graphics designer and need to see correct color tones. To be honest, I dont think I would have noticed this red/orange chargeur hp myself if I did not read about it before I purchased it. So it really isnt that visible to the naked eye. The red looks red until you bring another screen next to it and then your ENVY will seem a bit orangish when compared side by side.
6. The HP Envy 15 is probably the highest quality laptop I've ever purchased (and I have at least 5 under my belt.) Build quality is on par with MBPs, beautiful aluminum and magnesium build, relatively light weight, the asus zenbook ux31 adapter has gorgeous clarity despite having a noticeable shift in reds towards orange.
Naturally the computer is very fast, the 3040NR model with the i7 and 8gb of ram is suited for speed. 4 cores, 8 threads, enough ram to accomplish the tasks of 4 average computers. Gaming is solid on the dedicated graphics. I recommend anybody looking to optimize battery life go into BIOS, and change the graphics over from dynamic to fixed. Then select which GPU you would like while using the OS. Put my operating time on battery up a couple hours from around 3 before the change to near 5 hours and 30 minutes after.
By adaptateur secteur